Wow, where has 2016 gone?!? I know I say this just about every year, but I am pretty confident this year has flown by faster than the rest. Or maybe this is just something that happens as we get older? Either way, I am so excited for 2017!
2016 has been a great year filled with lots of memories with my amazing family and friends, an incredible position at my school, and the beginning of being my own boss. It has also had its heartache and frustrations. But I think those are things that make us stronger and help us to appreciate the everyday joys even more.One of my major goals for 2016 was to be very intentional with my time. I sometimes get lost in social media, television shows, or let’s be honest, too much napping (is that really even a thing?). So this year I worked really hard at not having my phone out when I am spending time with friends and family. I wasn’t perfect, but I think I made quite an improvement in this area. I felt like I was more present in the moment and, as a result, had more fun, more laughs, and more memories.
I will never forget the end of 2015. My incredibly supportive and honest husband and I were sitting behind the bar top at our house reflecting on the year. On the surface, 2015 was a great year. Underneath, 2015 was a shallow year of quantity time but almost no quality time spent together. The conversation was so hard but exactly what we needed. And 2016 was the exact opposite. I have a lot to work on still, I know that, but I am so excited at how we were able to turn around our habits and make 2016 intentional
I am so excited about 2017! I know it’s going to be a great year. There are several areas of my life that I like to set goals for: marriage, family, friends, faith, health, and personal growth. A lot of times these goals will overlap and complement each other. So, here’s my personal list of goals and resolutions for 2017:
- To continue to be intentional with my time with my husband.
- Limit the television time to only those shows we both enjoy. No television until we have caught up on each other’s days.
- Limit the use of social media. It is off limits on a formal date, but I will not get lost in Facebook or Instagram when we are spending time together each night.
- To be more intentional with my relationship with friends.
- I will reach out to at least one friend that I haven’t spoken to in a while each month.
- If they are in the area, I will meet for coffee or lunch or something fun.
- To find a church home.
- By the end of January, I will have a church home that we attend weekly.
- To be consistent with my workouts.
- I will try out a new style of workout at least once by March.
- I will join a DietBet January 1st and invite my friends to join in.
- To read more.
- I will read one motivational book each month.
- To blog more.
- I will blog at least 3 times per week beginning in January.
Well, that’s it! Time to get started on this goals! What are your goals?